Vietnam & Laos Discovery 14days
Starts : Hanoi City , ends : Hanoi City
Trip code: NLD14D
Ages: Minimum age for children on this trip is 5 years old.
Accommodation: Hotel 4 & 5 stars
Transport: Boat, Private Van or Car
Tour Type: Private (min 2 persons)
Days 1–3 : Ho Chi Minh & Mekong Delta
Arrive Ho Chi Minh city , Vietnam’s largest city. Here we stroll along the city’s historic Dong Khoi Street, the former Rue Catinat, and visit sites such as the Reunification Palace and War Remnants Museum. We also visit the amazing Cu Chi tunnels, and spend a day among the canals and fruit orchards of the Mekong Delta.
Days 4 – 5 : Hoi An
Fly north to Danang, gateway to the World-Heritage listed town of Hoi An. We introduce you to the delights of this charming town, visiting traditional houses and temples and the iconic Japanese Bridge on a walking tour. Enjoy a sunset cruise on the peaceful Thu Bon River and for something different, we will learn about traditional cultivation techniques in the hands-on ‘Hoi An local for a day’ experience. You may like to join a fun cooking class or if you’re an early riser, the local fish markets are a sight to behold!
Day 6 – 7 : Hue & Halong Bay
Leaving charming Hoi An behind, we visit the sacred Marble Mountain and interesting Cham Museum before driving through spectacular coastal scenery to Hue. We explore the city’s historic sites, including the Citadel, elaborate emperors’ tombs and the Thien Mu Pagoda. Enjoy a fascinating cyclo ride and sit back and relax as we take a cruise along the Perfume River. In the mid day of day 7, fly to Hanoi and travel to Halong City, where we stay the night on the Halong Beach at Tuan Chau Resort.
Days 8 – 9 : Halong Bay & Hanoi
A cruise among the thousands of limestone islands of magical Halong Bay will surely be a highlight, as will the delicious seafood lunch we enjoy on board. On our return to Hanoi, experience a cyclo ride through the fascinating Old Quarter. The next day, learn all about the life and legend of ‘Uncle Ho’ when we visit his former home and mausoleum. We also visit the ancient Temple of Literature and infamous Hanoi Hilton prison.
Day 10: Vientiane
Fly to the charming Lao capital, Vientiane. Explore the city’s most famous landmarks, That Luang and Wat Sisaket, and take part in a unique Lao baci welcome ceremony. At days end, why not watch the sun go down over the Mekong while enjoying an icy cold beer
Days 11 – 14 : Luang Prabang
We fly north to Luang Prabang. Gain an insight into the local culture as we enter ornate monasteries and chat with local monks. Take a boat trip to the Pak Ou Caves, where hundreds of Buddha effigies are set into the cliff face, and enjoy a fun Lao cooking class. Rise early to witness the ancient ritual of local monks collecting alms at dawn, and experience the town’s relaxed atmosphere with a game of petanque. Your journey ends with an airport transfer on day 14.
All accommodations (with Twin/Double rooms) while on tour
The tour price includes all hotel accommodations with private baths. Our standard is to provide the best available accommodations without sacrificing value. Although the quality may vary slightly from one hotel to another, our commitment to your comfort is unwavering. Two-bedded rooms and One-beded with Queen size rooms are reserved in most hotels. Triples are accommodated in two-bedded rooms plus a rollaway cot where available, and are not recommended for comfort.
All transfers and road transport in modern, air-conditioned vehicles
– For a private smaller groups (2pax -10pax), modern sedan cars and minibuses are used.
– For tour groups of 11pax or more travelers, air-conditioned Hyundai with 19- 25-35 seats are used on all road journeys. These vehicles are designed with excellent viewing windows and a high roof. All our vehicles are modern, spacious, comfortable, well-maintained, and safe
•Complimentary airport transfer on arrival and on departure days
All Breakfasts & Lunches on tour
• Breakfast – Is always included on all Vietnam Royal Tourism – European Continental breakfasts are supplied at the hotels where you stay. The Continental style usually consists of rolls, butter, jams, tea or coffee and juices.
• Lunch – Your Lunch meals are included and generally served at a local restaurant
• Dinner – is not included and is always up to you – allows you the freedom to eat what you want and enjoy the local flavors.
Please note: If you have special dietary requirements (eg Vegetarian), let us know so we can notify restaurants and prepare appropriate food for you.
Experienced, friendly and knowledgeable guides.
Your tour guide is a professional, fully trained employee of Vietnam Royal Tourism
All sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
Visa Approval Code or Visa on Arrival
– After approval, we will fax or email you a copy of the Approval letter as an attachment
– Our Service do not include the Stamping Fee of about US$25-165/ 1pax to be submitted directly to the Embassy or Consulate (the stamping fee vary from Embassy to Embassy) or pay at Airport for Visa on Arrival
+ International airfare& airport taxes
+ Travel insurance
+ Surcharges for compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons and peak season surcharges (which will be advised at time of booking) ,
+ Personal expenses
+ Tips & gratuities