Best of Indochina 17 Days
Starts : Sai Gon City , ends : Phnompenh
Trip code: BOI17D
Ages: Minimum age for children on this trip is 5 years old.
Accommodation: Hotel 4 & 5 stars
Transport: Cruiser, Private Van /Car, Plane
Tour Type: Private (min 2 persons)
DAY 1: ARRIVAL SAIGON
Upon arrival to Saigon airport, you will be greeted by the guide of Vietnam Tours ( Great Vietnam) and transferred to our hotel in center of Saigon. Free time at leisure to relax or take the first sightseeing to Saigon.
Overnight at hotel in Saigon.
DAY 2: SAIGON – SIGHTSEEING – CUCHI TUNNELS(B)
This morning, enjoy a half-day tour covering Thien Hau Pagoda, former Presidential Palace, History Museum, lacquer ware workshop & the War Crime Museum. In the afternoon, make a half-day trip to Cu Chi Tunnel – an amazing complex system of underground tunnel constructed during the Vietnam war by the Vietcong.
Overnight at hotel in Saigon.
DAY 3: SAIGON – VINH LONG – LE COCHINCHINE CRUISE(B,L)
Transfer to Mekong Delta. Board LE COCHINCHINE boat. Enjoy welcome drink
– Explore the lively Cai Be floating market. Cruising amongst the mazes of waterway to visit the handicraft villages and meet with local people. Sightseeing the old house and sample various tropical fruits.
– Arrive in Vinh Long island we then embark on a walk or bike for sightseeing tour of the Culao BINH HOA PHUOC
– Le Cochinchine sets sail to Cantho via Cho LACH and TRAON.
– Disembark Cho LACH village. Embark on a pleasant walking or biking on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and the local people’s activities. Enroute to visit a cottage industry , a local farm and sample seasonal fruits.
– Cruise to continue to Mang Thit . Enjoy the magnificent sunset on the
river. Leisurely cruise up the Mekong River while enyoying the beautiful scenery and the
aperitifs, sunset cruise .
– A wonderful day with picturesque ferry crossings over Mekong River branches . Dinner and nite on Le Cochinchine boat in TRAON.
DAY 4 : MEKONG RIVER CRUISE – HOIAN (B)
– Rising up to the sound of River and Mekong Delta coming to life for another lovely day we enjoy the sunset.
– After breakfast, we cruise along the cannels and visit a village on the bank of Co Chien or, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life of the local inhabitants, and their hospitality
– Leisurely cruise up the Hau river while enjoying the beautiful scenery
– Arriving Cantho, we explore the CaiRang market, one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong Delta with hundreds of small boats ladden fruits barging and jostling for space as owners attempt to sell their goods. Boat through the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards,ship building yards, local markets in full swing. Disembark and drive back to Saigon airport for the flight to Danang. Arrival transfer to Hoian Visit China beach and crafting village. Explore the charming little township of Hoian with old houses, temples.
Overnight at hotel in Hoian
DAY 5: HOIAN – VISIT MYSON(B)
Breakfast in the hotel
This morning, drive about 1 ½ hour to visit My Son, one of the most important Cham site in the country and it’s set amongst lovely hills. My Son is another of Vietnam’s UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return to Hoi An.
This afternoon, enjoy a walking tour of Hoi An . Hoi An is a lovely riverside township with narrow streets and old buildings. It’s also a great place for ethnic crafts. UNESCO has listed Hoi An as a World Heritage Site in Dec 1999. At leisure on prime beach.
Overnight at hotel in HOian
DAY 6: HOIAN – HUE (B)
We embark on Northern bound journey to Hue, the former imperial capital of Vietnam. The scenic route passes through Da Nang as we are climbing over the Pass of Ocean Clouds and dropping down to the picturesque fishing villages of Lang Co. A visit to beautiful Cham museum in Danang where display Cham’s finest sculpture and artefacts in the world. The scenery en route is beautiful as we hug the coastline of the South China Sea before winding our way up the spectacular Haivan pass. Here we stop to admire the stunning views. The journey takes about 5 hours. In the afternoon we will have our first glimpse of Hue to visit the Forbidden Purple City. Built in the 19th century by the Nguyen dynasty, the Citadel was home to the former Emperors of Vietnam from 1802 until 1945. Overnight at hotel in Hue
Overnight at hotel in Hue
DAY 7: Hue – FLIGHT TO HANOI(B)
We take flight VN240, 8.30/09.40 to Hanoi. Arrival Hanoi you will be transferred to our hotel in Hanoi. At leisure to enjoy Hanoi. Tonight we enjoy the unique water puppet show.
Overnight at hotel in Hanoi
DAY 8: HANOI – HALONG BAY(B,L)
We depart Hanoi at 08.00 for a drive through the beautiful countryside of the Red River Delta en route to Halong City. Ha Long Bay, located in the Gulf of Tonkin, covers an area of 1,500 square km. With more than a thousand limestone peaks rising up from the crystalline emerald waters this area is one of the natural wonders of Vietnam and now one of four World Heritage-listed sites in Vietnam. Visitors have constantly marveled at Ha Long Bay’s natural beauty. The tiny islands are dotted with innumerable beaches and grottoes created by the wind and the waves, providing an excellent backdrop for swimming or just lazing about on the boat deck. Upon arriving in Ha Long City we transfer to our private boat for an amazing cruise of Halong Bay, and weather permitting, have the opportunity for a swim in the crystalline emerald waters. The trip would not be complete without a sumptuous seafood lunch on board as we cruise. Return to Hanoi the late after-noon. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
DAY 9: HANOI CITY TOUR (B)
City tour to visit the city highlight including Ho Chi Minh Complex which includes the Mausoleum and the Presidential Palace, the One Pillar Pagoda and the Museum. (Continue onto Vietnams first University, The Temple Of Literature, built in 1070. Visit the Museum of Ethnology Enjoy one hour cyclo tour through the Old Quarter. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
DAY 10: HANOI – LUANGPRABANG (B)
Transfer to airport for the flight to Luangprabang. Arrival transfer to the hotel. This afternoon, we will tour Luang Prabang. Sitting at the confluence of Mekong and the Khan rivers, this is the most beautiful city in the country if not Southeast Asia. Its many historical building is very well preserved and the medieval ambience also remains intact. We will visit Wat Visunalat, Wat Aham, and ascend Mt Phousy for a panoramic view of the city and the surrounding landscape.
Overnight at hotel in Luangprabang
DAY 11: LUANGPRABANG (B)
This morning, we visit Wat Xieng Thong (Golden City Temple), the city’s most magnificent temple by the Mekong. From here, we catch a traditional long boat trip up the Mekong river to visit the famous Pak Ou cave. The upper section of the cave is part of a limestone cave staffed with Buddha images of all styles and sizes. En route, we will also visit Ban Phanom, a traditional weaving village.
Overnight at hotel in Luangprabang
DAY 12: LUANGPRABANG – VIENTIANE(B)
Transfer to the airport for flight
Luang Prabang/Vientiane QV 102 1140/1220 – Daily except Sun
Upon arrival, you would be met and transferred to hotel. In the afternoon, we tour Vientiane starting with Talot Sao Market, Pha That Luang, the most sacred monument in Laos and Wat Sisaket.
Overnight at hotel in Vientiane
DAY 13: VIENTIANE – FLIGHT TO SIEMRIEP (B)
Leisure day in the morning or walking around the city for shopping or sight-seeing before the tranfer to the airport for the flight to Siemriep at 13.00 p.m. Upon arrival at Siem Reap you will be greeted by your guide and transferred to your hotel. This afternoon you will have a tour of the Angkor Wat Temple before making your way to the hilltop temple of Phnom Bakheng to watch the sunset over this ancient land.
Overnight at hotel in Siemreap
DAY 14: SIEM REAP – ANGKOR COMPLEX (B)
We will embark on an elephant ride to tour of Angkor Thom. This will include the South Gate, Bayon, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. From here you will then make your way to visit Ta Prohm before an afternoon visit to Preah Khan, Neak Pean, East Mebon and Pre Rup temples.
Overnight at hotel in Siemreap
DAY 15: SIEM REAP – ANGKOR COMPLEX (B,D)
Today we will visit Prasat Kravan, Bantaey Srei and Bantaey Kdei. This afternoon will find us at the Roulous Group of Temples – Preah Ko, Bakong Lole Temples until sunset. Tonight we will enjoy diner with traditional Khmer folk performance of Apsara.
DAY 16: SIEMRIEP –PHNOMPENH(B)
Transfer to airport for the flight to Phnompenh, the capital of Kingdom of Cambodia. A visit to Phnom Penh is a very interesting experience indeed. It is a city with an interesting pulse and it gives you a very true taste of Asia. Upon arrival we will visit Tuol Seung, , Sisowath Quay, the Killing Fields and the Wats Phnom. Shopping at Phnompenh market and the Russian Market.
Overnight at hotel in Phnompenh
DAY 17: PHNOMPENH – DEPARTURE (B)
Transfer to airport for your flight home with fond of memories.
All accommodations (with Twin/Double rooms) while on tour
The tour price includes all hotel accommodations with private baths. Our standard is to provide the best available accommodations without sacrificing value. Although the quality may vary slightly from one hotel to another, our commitment to your comfort is unwavering. Two-bedded rooms and One-beded with Queen size rooms are reserved in most hotels. Triples are accommodated in two-bedded rooms plus a rollaway cot where available, and are not recommended for comfort.
All transfers and road transport in modern, air-conditioned vehicles
– For a private smaller groups (2pax -10pax), modern sedan cars and minibuses are used.
– For tour groups of 11pax or more travelers, air-conditioned Hyundai with 19- 25-35 seats are used on all road journeys. These vehicles are designed with excellent viewing windows and a high roof. All our vehicles are modern, spacious, comfortable, well-maintained, and safe
•Complimentary airport transfer on arrival and on departure days
All Breakfasts & Lunches on tour
• Breakfast – Is always included on all Vietnam Royal Tourism – European Continental breakfasts are supplied at the hotels where you stay. The Continental style usually consists of rolls, butter, jams, tea or coffee and juices.
• Lunch – Your Lunch meals are included and generally served at a local restaurant
• Dinner – is not included and is always up to you – allows you the freedom to eat what you want and enjoy the local flavors.
Please note: If you have special dietary requirements (eg Vegetarian), let us know so we can notify restaurants and prepare appropriate food for you.
Experienced, friendly and knowledgeable guides.
Your tour guide is a professional, fully trained employee of Vietnam Royal Tourism
All sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
Airfare While on Tour
– All on-tour flights must be purchased through Vietnam Royal Tourism as part of your tour package . From the moment you land in the starting city to the moment you are transferred to the airport in the end city, all transport arrangements are taken care of by us.
– The cost of international flights from your country to Asia (starting city) is not included in our prices. We believe we are giving all our customers, wherever you live, the flexibility to travel from regional airports, in any class of travel and include a stopover en route if you so wish. It also allows you the opportunity to use your frequent flyer points if you so wish
Visa Approval Code or Visa on Arrival
– After approval, we will fax or email you a copy of the Approval letter as an attachment
– Our Service do not include the Stamping Fee of about US$25-165/ 1pax to be submitted directly to the Embassy or Consulate (the stamping fee vary from Embassy to Embassy) or pay at Airport for Visa on Arrival
+ International airfare& airport taxes
+ Travel insurance
+ Surcharges for compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons and peak season surcharges (which will be advised at time of booking) ,
+ Personal expenses
+ Tips & gratuities